Crystal Robinson provides professional make up services in Ventura County, South California. Specialising bridal and event makeup, including everything from airbrushed to traditional makeup techniques. Crystal will travel all over South California for special event and wedding makeup. If your wedding day is coming up or if you have a photoshoot or special occasion, then look no further. At Crystal Robinson Makeup, you can get it all. The skills and professionalism that Crystal possesses are second to none and can leave you feeling more confident than ever before.
Crystals work has been featured on a number of sites, including;
- Style Me Pretty
- Grey Likes Weddings
- Borrowed & Blue
- Green Wedding Shoes
- 100 Layer Cake
- Magnolia Rouge
- Love and Lavender
- Santa Barbra Wedding Style
- Instagram Bot Follower liked Crystal's work so much that they have became a business partner. IBF help Crystal to offer the wide variety of services which she does.
Preparing Your Skin for Makeup Application Session
These are some of the recommendations that we make if you book makeup services with Crystal Robinson, including;
The Lead Up
Keep Hydrated – will help your skin looking its best. Complete any facial procedures 1 week prior to application
Keep up a good skin care routine;
- Cleanse face and neck with lukewarm water (never too hot or too cold)
- Exfoliate with a scrub that contains microbeads (once per week)
- Moisturise (day and night)
- Apply sunscreen daily
Many also consider booking an appointment regarding cosmetic dentistry before getting their makeup done for a big event. This can help resolve insecurities with teeth, such as discolouration and help give your look a more all-round flawless finish.
On the Day
- Cleanse face and neck with cool water – this will help close your pores ready for application
- Drink lots of water in the morning – to help ensure your skin stays hydrated throughout the day
- Moisturise if you have dry skin, do not moisturise if you have oily skin
Airbrush Makeup Vs. Traditional Makeup
Airbrush makeup is applied using a spray gun. Airbrush makeup gives your skin a smooth and flawless appearance without leaving a heavy and cakey finish. This method is long-lasting and application is waterproof, so will not rub off or transfer.
There are many advantages to airbrushing, including; oil free, perfect for sensitive skin, lightweight, smudge-proof and transfer-proof
Traditional makeup is applied through the use of makeup brushes and more conventional makeup tools. Traditional makeup can also be applied to create a long lasting finish and can provide flawless coverage.
One of the main advantages of this is that a combination of products can be used to create the desired effect.